Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Restaurant review, The John Dory Oyster Bar Resurrection.

Oceanside at the Ace Hotel
I'm fantasizing about the Naked Cowboy. In my dream, I bend down and purse my lips and begin sucking all the goodness from within. I tilt my head back, letting the briny juices glide down my throat. I close my eyes and swallow. Yes, the Naked Cowboy is a damn fine oyster. Naked Cowboys (named after the Times Square performer) are one of the many bivalves offered at the John Dory Oyster Bar, Ken Friedman and April Bloomfield's new seafood emporium adjacent to the Ace Hotel. Technically, this NoMad (that's North of Madison Square Park) location marks the second incarnation, the original having lasted less than a year on a desolate stretch of Tenth Avenue in Chelsea. Foot traffic isn't a problem here—the space buzzes nightly with trendsetters and foodies. Not surprisingly, Friedman and Bloomfield also run the popular Breslin on the other side of the hotel.

Read more at http://www.villagevoice.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment